Identifying mobile phones as modems

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Mar 13 01:15:59 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Pedro Macanas <macanas_ped at gva.es> wrote:
> >Don't get it wrong, but:
>
>  >1) Please stop that kind of unpolite discussion.
>
>  I haven´t liked the tone of Patryk.
>
>  For me is very important the network connection (using a mobile phone, a
>  modem or WiFi), because I have my Debian box unconnected at home.

Pedro, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to haunt you or in any other
way harm your feelings. I believe the same is true for others as well.

Please keep in mind this is open source and devel lists are the only
place where developers can exchange their opinions.

Of course as a user you are free to post to such groups but please:

1) do not hijack technical threads and turn them into wishlists; while
you might get some positive feedback it causes many technical people
to stop following the particular thread thus killing the discussion

2) (unless you are very familiar with the technologies at hand) try to
limit yourself to submitting use cases (Joe user needs to have X done)
instead of proposing solutions (merge programs foo and bar)

Cheers,

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution