Thinkpad T61 646066U Power Management Quirks

David Goodlad david at goodlad.ca
Wed Mar 12 14:30:41 PDT 2008

Hi all

In the current version of hal-info there are some quirks applied to
all Thinkpad models with system.hardware.product beginning with 6460
that do not apply to my unit (a 646066U). This is a T61 model (not
T61p as it seems to imply in the existing comments). My laptop has an
nvidia quadro 140m card which suspends fine with s3_mode and the
latest drivers (169.12). s3_bios breaks things...

So, attached is a patch adding a specific match case for the 646066U;
I'm unsure if there are other similar models which this will help as
well. I was not familiar enough with the syntax used in the xml file
to be able to exclude the 646066U from the preceeding entry, so I just
override the s3_bios and vbemode_restore quirks to false. If there's a
better way, let me know :)

Thanks!
Dave