HAL not loaded on startup.

Akhil Ravidas deepblue.ar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 12:30:29 PDT 2008

When i login, i get a dialog saying: HAL not started. I have to manually
start it each time. how to start HAL at startup??
i tried sudo update-rc.d hal defaults which gives this message "System
startup links for /etc/init.d/hal already exist"

In sysv-rc-conf command hal has run level 2 , 3 , 4 , 5. sill HAL daemon
does not start despite me being at runlevel 2 .

Each time i shut down my computer i get a message :
Mar 22 22:03:16 BLUE NetworkManager: nm_device_is_802_11_wireless: assertion
`dev != NULL' failed