Improving the suspend quirks guessworking

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Mon Mar 24 17:23:18 PDT 2008

On Samstag, 22. März 2008, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> If the user specifies any quirks, the defaults won't be used. I don't
> think that's a concern. What's more of an issue is that these aren't
> "fixes" - they're workarounds for the fact that our graphics system is
> deficient. I don't think that defaulting to "We will do nothing to
> restore your graphics state" is helpful.

I think the current behavior is much more helpful than you think. The current
behavior force the people to report problems and quirks back to us. And the
benefit in this case is bigger for many users (because we add the quirk and
it work then for hundreds users) then use some strange fallback workarounds.

Danny