Update on DeviceKit

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu May 8 07:46:00 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 03:41:14PM +0100, Rob Taylor wrote:

> I think I'd prefer to just have a way of setting the governor. In the
> future it would be good to have a kernel interface for setting your
> desired interrupt-wakeup latency, but afaik we don't have this yet.

On desktop systems, nothing other than ondemand ever makes sense.
There's already a kernel knob for setting maximum latency, but right now
I believe it only takes C states into account. You're guaranteed to get
code running within that window, it just makes no guarantees about what
speed the CPU will be running at or how long it'll take to ramp up.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org