Update on DeviceKit

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu May 8 08:14:58 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 05:12:48PM +0200, Holger Macht wrote:

> Who's talking about desktop systems only? And I didn't object at all
> here. Reiterating...My whole point is that everybody can do whatever he
> wants behind the interface.

In the embedded world, 0-100 makes even less sense (system on chip
designs tend to mean that all sorts of extra device states tie into your
processor power consumption). In the server world, you don't want
unprivileged users to be able to set policy (and power management is
even more workload dependent, so...)

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org