pm-utils 1.1.2.1 released

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:37:18 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 08:15 -0500, Victor Lowther wrote:
> pm-utils 1.1.2 has been released. You can obtain a copy from
> http://pm-utils.freedesktop.org
>
> Notable updates for this release:
>
>  * Manpage generation has been rewritten to use xmlto instead of the
> older SGML utilities.
>
>  * Michael Biebl of the Debian project has graciously donated their
> pm-utils manpages. We now have manpages for pm-action and friends.
>
>  * Dan Nicholson committed automake cleanups for the new manpages.
>
>  * If you are running pm-utils on a system that has a video card with a
> driver that is smart enough to handle quirks by itself, pm-utils will no
> longer attempt to run its video quirks.  Thanks, Matthew Garrett.
>
>  * README and HOWTO files will actually be installed from the dist
> tarballs now.
>
>  * A bug involving vbe mode restoration has been fixed. This fix was
> actually comitted in the pm-utils 1.1.1 release, but no notice was made
> in the release announcement.

Hot on the heels of 1.1.2, 1.1.2.1 has been released.

      * Fix a bug noticed by Michael Biebl that prevents pm-utils from
        saving commandline parameters correctly.
      * Return $NA instead of when we are running on a system that
        98-smart-kernel-video does not recognize.
      * Close a security hole noticed by Michael Biebl that might allow
        arbitrary file removal. We now handle commandline parameters
        using a single file instead of lots of smaller ones.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional