10-modem.fdi

Matthew Garrett mjg at redhat.com
Thu May 29 15:45:32 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 05:48:23PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Yeah, though we do now have reports of cards/phones that don't respond
> to anything until given a PIN.  Not just from Marcel either.  In that
> case, there's nothing the prober can do...

The prober can be re-run after the desktop application has prompted for
the PIN. It's easy enough to stick a callout method on USB modem devices
to do that. The advantage of that is that hal can act as a cache of the
data, rather than requiring every application that may want to use the
device to perform its own probing on every open.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org