update devices in media:/

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 08:38:54 PST 2008

When I start my computer sometimes some devices such as hard drives do not appear in media:/;
What i usually do is to unplug the device and then plug it again. But i don't like doing so. I would like to know whether there is a soft method for hal to scan for devices by request.

Note that when hal doesn't show a device (for example a hard drive) in media:/ while it is actually plugged in; the device most often is actually nodded to a file in /dev. So I can still mount it with 'mount'.

Click here for FREE customisable desktop wallpapers. Get them Now!