Hal into a chroot.

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:43:08 PDT 2008

  Hello All:

  I'm running a chroot (Debian sid/experimental) inside a Debian sid system.
The main purpose in having this chroot is being able to test KDE4. This is
working mostly well. But there's one thing I've been unable to get working
so far and this is having hal running into the chroot.

  The Debian hal init script aborts its start alleging that won't run into a
chroot. I suppose there is a good reason for not running the service in
that situation, but I haven't been able to get an answer yet.

  My aim is having hal running into the chroot, so I'll need some advice.
I'd appreciate if someone could hint me why hal does not/cannot/will not
run into a chroot.

  If it is possible having it run into the chroot at all, I'd also
appreciate some points as to get it working like that.

  Feel free to request whatever information you need to diagnose or research
into the issue.

  Thanks a lot, regards,

  Note: I'm not subscribed, please CC me.

--