BDI patches break installation and browsing

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Oct 28 11:43:08 PDT 2008

On Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2008, Richard Hughes wrote:
> After the BDI patchset was merged, my device tree has gone from 136 to
> 188 devices. I've also got 24 more "Mass storage devices" in nautilus
> and anaconda.

Looks as if the loop/ram devices got in. We can simply prevent adding those
devices.

See attached patch.

> lshal diff attached.

lshal diff don't help since the possition of a device can get changed. Please
attach both lshal outputs and a complete verbose log from startup git hal.

> Can we revert these patches please?

No, we need it to get cciss based storage devices running with recent kernels.

> I don't think there was any review
> done, they are not exactly trivial. Why do we need to expose BDI
> devices anyway?

Yes for e.g. cciss block devices.

Danny