How to export linux.device_file to hal-manager

Frank Aune Frank.Aune at broadpark.no
Mon Sep 1 05:50:37 PDT 2008

Hello,

I see that serveral hardware devices on my system export its linux.device_file
to HAL, however I can't figure out how to make a kernel driver Im working on
export this info to sysfs.

More specifically I have a memory type device PC Card with a custom kernel
driver, which creates a device node in /dev for IO communication. I'd like to
export info about the configured device node to sysfs.

Is there some good reference information on how to export details to sysfs, in
order to make this available through HAL?

Thanks,
Frank