HP Compaq 6730s keymap patch

Ben Caldwell benny.caldwell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 05:44:01 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Ben Caldwell <benny.caldwell at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org>wrote:
>

>> In the absence of any evidence that they cause collisions, I'd just go
>> with it. We've already seen that trying to keep model-specific lists up
>> to date scales miserably.
>>
>> --
>>  Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
>>

> Fair enough, I'll go with your judgement Matthew and submit a new patch
> tonight.
>
> Ben

Looks like it will not be so easy, HP laptops do not seem to have standard
fn key assignment e.g. for brightness control Compaq 6710b uses fnF9/fnF10
while Compaq 6730s uses fnF7/fnF8.

I have posted on a hp forum to try and get hold of some model number vs fn
key assignment reference to create a rule for these keys. Depending on the
answers I receive I might have something more to contribute in the next week
or so.

Ben