Problems with mounting removable Devices

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Apr 23 07:55:34 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Daniel Spannbauer <ds at marco.de> wrote:
> Ok, I`m a step closer.
> The Problem: We authenticate our users against ldap.
> An hal or dbus is having problems with that.
> I have modifcated the /etc/dbus/system.d/hal.conf. Now, the default for
> all users is "allow" instead of "deny"..

This shouldn't be necessary. There should be an "at console" rule in
there to allow necessary access to local sessions. If it's there,
check your ConsoleKit configuration. "ck-list-sessions" should give
you a list of local sessions (at least a single session containing
your UID in "unix-user" field).

> But now, I get the error "hal-storage-removable-mount refused uid 2015",
> which is my uid. As user root I get the same error, only the uid is 0 then.

That's likely related to the above.

--
Patryk Zawadzki