question on SCSI-scanners

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Mon Jan 5 02:59:27 PST 2009

Hi Kay,
dear listmembers,
not to forget to mention: there is a fdi-file

in /etc/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty80-scanner.fdi

that refers to HP scanners only. In contrast - as you readily mentioned -

there is the file
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty/70-scanner.fdi

that refers to generic SCSI-scanners. However, as a matter of fact the acl
does not exist or does not work - as readily mentioned.
Just to let you know,
take care

Dieter

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)