Your request / output of lshal and getfacl /dev/sg2

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Mon Jan 5 08:41:00 PST 2009

Hi Kay,
ok, that far I've been, too. I readily knew that the device had had been
identified as scanner by hal - this happens for all three scsci-scanners I've
been testing so far (luck me, I've three of them at hand - poor me, none of
them worked from the very begin :-) )

Is this an issue of hal itself or is this an issue of another program that
should be triggered by hal? In the latter case, what program is being
triggered (or should be triggered?)

Would it make sense / would it be possibel to downgrade to hal from opeSUSE
10.3 (or 11.0) in order to make things work again?
How can I debug further?
Thanks again,
take care

Dieter

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)