fdi file for Nokia N79

Alex Kanavin ak at sensi.org
Tue Jan 20 11:34:27 PST 2009

2009/1/16 Juha Pahkala <jpahka at welho.com>:
> Now, I'm wondering if I could edit the fdi file found from that blog entry
> ( http://www.excentral.org/confs/10-E71-extras.fdi ) and magically make my
> ubuntu work with the phone. I'm thinking I at least need to change the:
>
> <match key="@info.parent:usb.product_id" int="0xab">
>
> and
>
> <match key="@storage.originating_device:usb.product_id" int="0x00aa">
>
> lines to match the Nokia N79 phone. Can anybody tell me where I can find
> the correct keys matching my phone?

I'd rather not add a rule for your specific phone model to hal, better
to have a generic rule for all Nokias. Or we'll always have users
complaining that their new shiny Nokia phone doesn't work (as a modem,
music player or whatever) where the old one does.

Please try and test the following .fdi:

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
<device>
<match key="storage.vendor" string="Nokia">
<match key="storage.model" string="S60">
<addset key="portable_audio_player.access_method.protocols"
type="strlist">storage</addset>
<append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats"
type="strlist">audio/aac</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats"
type="strlist">audio/x-ms-wma</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats"
type="strlist">audio/x-wav</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats"
type="strlist">audio/mpeg</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.audio_folders" type="strlist">Music/</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.playlist_format"
type="strlist">audio/x-mpegurl</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.playlist_path"
type="strlist">Playlists/%File</append>
</match>
</match>
</device>