Possible solution for 8series nvidia brigthness

Shawe Ewahs shawe.ewahs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 16:35:06 PST 2009

I'm working on a solution for work correctly the brigthness on laptops with
8series nvidia graphic cards, but I need help for change a important thing
that I don't know how to do it because I don't know how hal works.

The problem is I've a "little" list with laptops affecteds with this
problem, but I want replace this list with a recognition of the graphic card
that they are using. I've a list like this:

        <match
key="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer:system.hardware.product"
string="VGN-FZ470E">
          <merge key="laptop_panel.num_levels" type="int">20</merge>
          <merge key="laptop_panel.access_method"
type="string">sony-nvidia</merge>
        </match>
        <match
key="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer:system.hardware.product"
string="VGN-NR31">
          <merge key="laptop_panel.num_levels" type="int">20</merge>
          <merge key="laptop_panel.access_method"
type="string">sony-nvidia</merge>

With more models on this lists, but I need change this "match" for non
recognition of this lists of laptops, I need recognice laptops that it have
a Geforce8/Geforce9/Quadro for apply this values. Anyone can help me for do
this?
I think that it's only the one thing that this bug need for solve it on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/
<goog_1232842919097>bugs/95444<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/95444>
and
add full support to this from hal, that are the idea from thread on Ubuntu
Launchpad where perssists this "problem".

Thanks for all people

By §h at wæ
http://www.islatux.es