Optical media reprobing after burning

Philippe Rouquier bonfire-app at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 29 00:23:38 PST 2009

Hi,

Once an optical medium was burnt, hal doesn't update its status
automatically (that's not always true for DVDs especially when burnt
with growisofs which get updated I don't know why). So the said medium
remains blank from hal's point of view unless you reload it manually.
Now, I saw there were two functions to do that from an app
(libhal_device_reprobe () and libhal_device_rescan ()). But it does not
work because the application is not running as privileged from what I
understood.

So my question is there a way to make hal aware of the change in the
medium status? Or do I use the above two functions in the wrong way?

Regards,
Philippe.