Suspend on a Toshiba Satellite A300-1M9

Matthieu André matth.andre at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 10:29:38 PST 2009

Hello,

Here is a patch to fix the suspend/hibernate modes on my laptop (Toshiba
Satellite A300-1M9). Please check if this is correctly done before applying
it though...

My configuration :

Debian Testing (Squeeze)
Kernel : 2.6.28-1-amd64 (experimental, needed for my wireless card)
HAL : 0.5.11-8

Before changing the 20-video-quirk-pm-toshiba.fdi file, suspend and
hibernate did not work when called from Gnome (System-->Turn off-->...),
suspend appeared to work when called through a terminal (pm-suspend) with no
options but the laptop didn't actually restart (just black screen and no
response). Using the following command, it worked :

#pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode

It also worked all right with --quirk-vbestate-restore added. After applying
my patch, all works well when invoked from Gnome.
Doing

#lshal | grep quirk
gives:

  power_management.quirk.s3_bios = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.s3_mode = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.vbestate_restore = true  (bool)

Cheers,

Matthieu