ambient light sensor for dell latitude

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 16 01:21:04 PDT 2009

Nicolò Chieffo [2009-03-14 18:09 +0100]:
> Unfortunately I can't get the keycodes: not with xev, neither with
> showkey. They for sure emit events, in windows they show a
> notification. Could you point me which mailing list should I try to
> contact for this problem?

That's weird, they should work on most Dell models. If they don't for
you, there's step by step instructions how to make them work:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hotkeys/Troubleshooting

(They are in the ubuntu wiki, but they are not Ubuntu specific). If
you found some key mappings that enable the keys for you, please send
them here together with your lshal output.

Thanks,

Martin