Patch with quirks for Thinkpad X40

Sten Heinze sten.heinze at gmx.de
Tue Mar 17 16:52:38 PDT 2009

Hi,

[Please CC me since I'm not on the mailing list. Thanks.]

I'm running Debian testing with kernel 2.6.28.7 and with X.org 7.4, X server
1.6rc2 from Debian experimental on a Thinkpad X40 with i855 Intel Graphics.
Since an update some time ago, my laptop resumes from suspend and hibernation
with a black screen. ssh-access is still possible.

With the help of mbiebl and Corsac on #debian-x I was able to find the
necessary hal-quirks. It needs at least "--quirk-s3-bios", but using both "--
quirk-s3-bios" and "--quirk-s3-mode" works too. I attached a git diff. My
earlier tries to solve this problem are described in the Debian Bug Report
#497358.

Please tell me if I can help further.

Thanks,
Sten