dbus crasher

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Wed Nov 18 07:45:57 PST 2009

On Wednesday 18 of November 2009 08:13:46 Gordon Messmer wrote:
> According to the documentation for dbus_connection_send_with_reply:
>
>       Warning:
>          if the connection is disconnected, the DBusPendingCall will
>  be set to NULL, so be careful with this.
>
> hald sometimes crashes when my laptop resumes because this isn't
>  being checked.  I think that NetworkManager is crashing and causing
>  the problem, but I haven't tracked that down yet.  In any case,
>  please apply the attached patch to prevent hald from also crashing.

 Should be fixed with commit

commit aec7c567419a1b8c33be1d08f962eea31a53e317
Author: Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar at mail.ru>
Date:   Tue Jul 14 21:34:07 2009 +0200

    work aroud crash caused by LED device handling

    During suspend led device is removed; during resume it is recreated.
    Apparently removing led device cause hald-addon- leds to exit
    (thus disconnecting D-Bus connection); and sometimes next "add"
event
    comes too early, before hald had chance to notice missing addon.

    Adds extra check to hald_singleton_device_added() to ensure we do
not
    abort on disconnected D-Bus connection.