[Pm-utils] Migrating suspend quirks away from hal

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Nov 27 01:06:50 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 09:58, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Victor Lowther [2009-11-26 21:44 -0600]:
>> Definitly -- we want to cut over to a native format anyways, so we would be
>> packaging up the quirks database separate from pm-utils and hal in any case
>> -- sorta like the way hal and hal-info are separated.
>
> Do you really think that's necessary? The frequency of new quirk
> submissions is utterly low these days, mainly because all new
> hardware doesn't need them any more. My gut feeling is that for the
> time being the current db could just be integrated into pm-utils
> itself.

Yeah, I think the same. We should just move all the stuff, in a format
that fits the best, in pm-utils, and we can get entirely rid of the
stuff in HAL. I don't think there is any need to keep them in both
places, as there are no direct consumers through a HAL API, like we
have for other things.

Thanks,
Kay