[BUG?] how should we handle KEY_SLEEP with Hibernation?

Wu Zhangjin wuzhangjin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 19:38:26 PDT 2009

Hello,

A user reported such a problem on YeeLoong laptop:

He tried to make his system go into hibernation, so he pressed "Fn +
F1"(KEY_SLEEP), but the system is VERY busy, he got NO(very slow)
response, so, he tried "Fn + F1" again and again, at last, the system
hibernated, and then, he tried to resume it from hibernation, the system
booted normally but after entering into the system, it responded the
not-handled KEY_SLEEPs, and went into hibernation again and again until
there was no KEY_SLEEP left.

I guess this is not a YeeLoong-specific problem, perhaps we can try to
make HAL(hald-addon-input) only handle ONE KEY_SLEEP event in a fixed
time range to avoid this problem, or handle it in kernel-space?

what about your ideas?

Regards,
	Wu Zhangjin