hal fdi policy files and xml

Paul Menzel pm.debian at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:07:26 PST 2010

Dear Patrick,

Am Freitag, den 11.12.2009, 00:55 +0100 schrieb Patrick Stahl:

[…]

> Why are the hal fdi policy files written in this damn cryptographic
> xml?

I do not know the reason, but XML is supposed to be easily parsed.

> Every damn program under GNU/Linux has a config file which is easy to
> edit, with the man page easy to understand and open for new people
> which are interested to customize this directly.

As far as I know HAL is being superseded and udev is taking over some of
its tasks. So your problem is obsolete.

[…]

> Image, as an example, i run one X-Server on Display 0 with both of my
> mice activated, and a second X-Server on Display 1 with only 1 of
> them.
>
> Explain me how i can realize this with your damn xml hal fdi files ok?

See above. If you want an answer to your question maybe you should ask
on the xorg list but without the bad words.

Thanks,

Paul