[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.3.0-rc3 available for testing

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:39:10 PST 2010

2009/12/14 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 23:16 -0600, Victor Lowther wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 22:24 -0600, Victor Lowther wrote:
>> > PM-utils 1.3.0-rc1 is not available for testing.  Notable changes from
>> > the pm-utils 1.2 series:
>>
>> Fresh after -rc1, -rc2 is out.  This includes several bugfixes forward
>> ported from the soon-to-be-released pm-utils-1.2.7, along with a new
>> --quirk-test parameter that bypasses the sanity checking imposed by the
>> quirk database handler -- now you too can see what happens when you post
>> your video card in userspace while running a KMS driver!
>
> Now at 1.3.0-rc3!  What should have been a tiny bugfix in is_set ended
> up breaking everything.

Here is some feedback/suggestions

1.) suspend/hibernate broke for me. I got this in pm-suspend.log
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98-video-quirk-db-handler suspend
suspend:/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98-video-quirk-db-handler: line 225:
((: 0x10de ==  : syntax error: operand expected (error token is "==
")
success.

The result was, that no quirks were applied. I'm having bash 4.1 installed.

2.) Could we please rename 98-video-quirk-db-handler to 98video-quirk-db-handler
for consistencies sake

3.) It would be great, if 98-video-quirk-db-handler was a /bin/sh script.

4.) I think we should do a one-time conversion of hal-infos' suspend
quirks and ship that within pm-utils.
The hal mailing list has become relatively quite wrt suspend quirks,
so I don't think we need a separate package like pm-utils-info, which
could be released independently of pm-utils. And syncing the quirks
that are submitted to hal-info with pm-utils' quirks db should not be
that much effort.
If against all expectations this becomes a problem, we can split that
out any time in the future.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?