Definition for Magic Mouse assistance with XML foo.

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Mar 8 09:46:39 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 23:11 -0600, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> I found this some where on-line, but to save space I removed the comments.
> What I'd like to accomplish is to switch from evdev to synaptics and
> to turn encryption of the Bluetooth connection on.  The following
> should do this, but it's completely ignored.

Why do you need to do this?

The encryption should automatically be used already, if the device was
paired (as opposed to simply connected to, pairing is the default when
using gnome-bluetooth with Apple mice).

As for switching from evdev to synaptics, it should be a matter of
tagging the device as being a synaptics device. The Xorg udev files
shipped in (very) recent versions of Xorg should do this (or a simple
HAL snippet, see the FDI file shipped with the synaptics driver for
example).

Cheers