[HarfBuzz] Google SoC and harfbuzz

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 15:58:39 PDT 2006

Hi guys,
I have an idea for an SoC project involving harfbuzz.

At the moment harfbuzz is for the raw opentype bits. As part of that
library or a different library in the same project would it be good to
share as much as possible of the shaping code between pango and Qt?

I know there would be licencing issues (LGPL pango and GPL/Commercial
Qt) but if that could be traversed would you be interested in
something like that?

It would be up to the student to design something that could be useful
to both pango and Qt.

I guess an appropriate mentoring organisation would need to be found as well.

Regards,
Daniel