[HarfBuzz] Text Layout Meeting 2007?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Mar 16 08:45:55 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 12:49 -0400, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Are we planning to have another meeting this year like we semi-agreed
> at the end of the Boston meeting? You core guys are the important ones
> to decide on this.

I was thinking about this the other day.

> I don't know if would get funding from OSDL again so we may like to
> ask for other sponsorship.
>
> I'll suggest the UK since it is where Guadec and aKademy are happening
> this year. Guadec is 15-21 July in Birmingham, aKademy is 29 June - 8
> July in Glasgow.

Unfortunately I have visa scheduling problems :(.  I have to renew my
work permit at the end of May.  Only after that I can apply for a
Canadian visa and then a UK visa.  If I get them all in time, it may be
possible to make it to aKademy, but it's a very tight schedule.

The week before Guadec sure works better for me.  So I vote for
Cambridge first, then Glasgow.

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759