[HarfBuzz] Text Layout Summit 2008 - chair?

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 20:02:23 PDT 2008

Go for it, Behdad!

After I looked at the LGM program the other day, I felt depressed that
I won't be able to be there this year for either the programs or the
beer drinking and comraderie.

Oh well, that's life and I'll get over it.

Due to personal circumstances, there is a limit to what I can do this
year.  However one thing I did think of doing is adding a "Toolbox"
tab on the unifont.org/fontguide/ site : the intent of this page will
be to describe all of the tools now available, or becoming available,
for designing and managing fonts on the Free Desktop.  Brief
descriptions of things like Fontforge, Spiro, and FontMatrix, etc.
Many of the interesting new developments will be discussed at LGM, so
I do hope there will be video recordings of everything: Kamila says
that will indeed be the case.  If any readers of this list want to
assist me by providing brief write-ups after LGM, that will be
appreciated.

Best Wishes for a successful meeting -- Ed