[HarfBuzz] 3rd Libre Graphics Meeting in Wrocław , Poland in May As Site for This Year's Text Layout Meeting

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 04:32:30 PST 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Ed Trager wrote:
>    (1)  Get a "show of hands" from everyone with interest in having
> the Text Layout Meeting at LGM Wrocław:
>
>           [  ] YES, Let's have the meeting at LGM Wrocław in May,
> 2008 [  ]  No, Let's have it somewhere else.  Specify:
> _________________

LGM looks like a great place, as there will probably be many people
involved with fonts there.

But a caveat here: the fact that there will be more fonts people may
mean that the interest will shift towards fonts and typography issues
as opposed to text layouting. I can even imagine two tracks running at
the same time: one for fonts, one for text layouting, which may come
together in talks like typography features in Scribus, to say
something.

>     (2) Find out who is planning on attending LGM:
>
>           [  ] YES, I am definitely attending LGM and am interested
> in attending TLM sessions.
>           [  ]  I am thinking about attending, but not sure yet.
>           [  ]  I will only go if I get travel funding.
>           [  ] NO, not going.

I'll probably be there, but I've made no arrangements yet.

>     (3) Start collating an Draft Agenda:  Please give us your ideas:

As said above, I'd like to see more fonts issues as there'll probably
more interest in that at LGM. But I'm not sure if it should be part of
the text layout meeting...

Greetings
Ben