[HarfBuzz] New Option for Text Layout Meeting 2008 Venue ... Please VOTE for your preference

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:02:40 PST 2008

(This message is being intentionally cross-posted on the HarfBuzz, SIL
Graphite, and OFLB discussion lists in order to reach all of you who
are interested in this year's Free Desktop Text Layout Working Group's
meeting (TLM 2008) ).

Hi everyone,

The Linux Foundation (LF) Collaboration Summit will be held this year
from Tuesday APRIL 8 to Thursday April 10 in AUSTIN, Texas, USA.  The
LF folks would be happy to host TLM 2008 in conjunction with this
year's LF Collaboration Summit..

This is a NEW option --which includes the important possibility of
better funding-- which we were not aware of earlier.  We have to date
only seriously considered TLM 2008 as part of the Libre Graphics
Meeting (LGM) in Wrocław.

I therefore would like to gauge the community's response to this new
option.  What are people's preferences? :

     [  ] TLM at LFCS in AUSTIN in APRIL 2008 is better ...
     [  ] TLM at LGM in WROCŁAW  in MAY 2008 is better ...

Please feel free to include WHY you think one venue is better than the
other (both personal preferences and community synergies are valid
considerations, IMO).

I'm planning to talk with Jim Zemlin of LF this coming Monday, so any

Best Wishes --  Ed Trager
http://unifont.org