[HarfBuzz] Using HarfBuzz to get final glyphs

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Thu Mar 20 01:35:37 PDT 2008

Vous (Ed Trager) avez écrit :
> It's true that Harfbuzz is not well-documented in its current state,
> but I think there are some example code files that show you most of
> what you need to do to use HarfBuzz with FreeType.  I'm sure the
> example files are included in the git repository.

Because I would have been really disappointed to have missed an example which
would have saved me a lot of time, I just re-checked in a fresh clone of the
GIT repository. There is a test program for shaping and that’s it. I do
understand that Harfbuzz is expected to be used through its shaper and thus
does not need to document its "internals" (ie HB_Buffer). But some of us just
want to process OpenType features and come to Harfbuzz because Freetype does
not offer this possibility.

« Tu causes, tu causes Pierre »
Ok, I’ll try to write some short introduction to the use of Harfbuzz as an
OpenType processor soon, hope it will hlep. :-)

--
Pierre Marchand