[HarfBuzz] Text Layout Summit 2008 - chair?

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:47:25 PDT 2008

2008/5/1 Ed Trager <ed.trager at gmail.com>:
> Go for it, Behdad!
>

>  Due to personal circumstances, there is a limit to what I can do this
>  year.  However one thing I did think of doing is adding a "Toolbox"
>  tab on the unifont.org/fontguide/ site : the intent of this page will
>  be to describe all of the tools now available, or becoming available,
>  for designing and managing fonts on the Free Desktop.  Brief
>  descriptions of things like Fontforge, Spiro, and FontMatrix, etc.

Thanks Ed, good plan.

>  Many of the interesting new developments will be discussed at LGM, so
>  I do hope there will be video recordings of everything: Kamila says
>  that will indeed be the case.  If any readers of this list want to
>  assist me by providing brief write-ups after LGM, that will be
>  appreciated.

Do you know if we definitely have a room for us?

There isn't much on the agenda yet.
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/TextLayout2008

If anyone can add to that please do so - and if someone wants to be in
charge of a particular topic add your name to it.

Shall we make specific plans for specific days?

We should meet up on the Thur morning and finalise the agenda.

>  Best Wishes for a successful meeting -- Ed

Thanks,
Daniel