[HarfBuzz] Font and text related stuff at LGM

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu May 1 14:38:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 19:56 +0100, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Just looking through the LGM programme and these sessions spring out:
> http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=program
>
> (and there are probably some I missed because I didn't know what they were ;) )
>
> Thursday
> 15h10-16h  	 Dave Crossland (Open Font Library)
> Font Software Freedom
> Language: English
>
> Saturday
> 9h00 - 9h55  	Håkon Wium Lie
> Promoting the idea of WebFonts
> Language: English
>
> 13h35 - 14h20  	Pierre Marchand (Fontmatrix)
> Managing fonts, experimenting with text display
> Language: English
>
> 15h30 - 16h15  	 Liam Quin (W3C)
> Proposal, shared type/text specification for the desktop
> Language: English
>
> I don't know about the other talks but I think it would be appropriate
> to have a follow up session in our room (assuming we have one ;) )
> after Liam's talk to have discussion about this specification.

Actually looking at the LGM schedule, I don't mind having a lighter and
more relaxed Text Layout this year.  I know I want to attend many of the
LGM talks, and I don't think there's been much happening since last time
we met to justify four full days full of talks anyway.

For now I encourage everyone to work on what they would like to
share/present (and add it to the wiki), and we will do a schedule
Thursday morning.

> Regards,
> Daniel

Cheers,