[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz API design

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Wed Aug 19 13:04:51 PDT 2009

But surely there needs to be a way to trace which glyphs relate to which
character codes, which can of course be an n:m relationship. When the
user moves around the rendered text with a text cursor and decides to
delete some glyphs, select them or change them, the client needs to make
sure to sync the operations that it does in its own text buffer with the
rendering -- especially regarding the size of the selection and/or
position of the cursor?

Does HarfBuzz provide access to the cursor position information that can
optionally be stored in the GDEF table?

Adam