[HarfBuzz] Where is the code currently handling Indic scripts?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad.esfahbod at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:01:33 PDT 2009

On 08/21/2009 11:51 AM, mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:17:02 +0530
> Shriramana Sharma<samjnaa at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I tried looking through all the files at
>> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/pango/tree/pango/opentype but they all seem to
>> contain generic code and I wonder where is all the code which handles
>> Indic scripts? It will give me an idea of the current status of Indic
>> script support in Harfbuzz and an indication of how to proceed.

Now, that's the confusing part!

Currently there are three OT Indic codebases, all derived from one originally.

Pango's:
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/pango/tree/modules/indic

Qt / old HarfBuzz:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/harfbuzz/tree/src

And there's ICU's.

Jonathan Kew is working on integrating that with new HarfBuzz and I think he
started with the ICU one.  We need to merge the ICU and Pango one since both
have been getting bug fixes over the years.

behdad