[HarfBuzz] More progress on hbng & graphite and questions

Martin Hosken martin_hosken at sil.org
Tue Dec 8 17:44:13 PST 2009

Dear Behdad,

I'm making good progress. Down to fixing bugs.

1. hb_ft_get_glyph_metrics seems to be returning all its values in 26.6 fixed point. I assume this isn't meant to be the standard for harfbuzz. But it might be. We had a similar issue in graphite and rounding errors here encouraged us to go with floats.

2. Are you sure you want top side bearing for your y_offset in glyph bearings in hb-ft.c? Perhaps it's ascent minus that?

3. My code is all pretty much in C++ so that's going to pull in the libstdc++ how hard do we have to try not to do that? I've followed the same approach in configure.ac of only including graphite integration if the library is there at build time.

I'll probably think of more issues as I go on.

Yours,
Martin