[HarfBuzz] 2009 TEXT LAYOUT AND TYPOGRAPHY WORKSHOP / MEETING SURVEY

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Sun Mar 1 15:24:39 PST 2009

> 2009 TEXT LAYOUT AND TYPOGRAPHY WORKSHOP / MEETING SURVEY
>
> (1) VENUE.  I PREFER THE FOLLOWING VENUE:
>      [ ]  LGM in Montreál  6-9 May 2009 (
> http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2009/ )

LGM2009

> (2) ATTENDANCE:
>      [ ] I plan to attend.

> (3) PRESENTATION TOPICS:
>      [ ] I want to present on (topic):____________________________

Quick overview of latest developments of the open font community:
- OpenFontLibrary / webfonts
- licensing advocacy and release best practises for font projects
- font packaging teams efforts

> (4) CODE:
>      [ ] I want to hack on (project:) ______________________________
> during the gathering

licensing metadata integration: fontconfig cache, font viewer, RDF
snippets for liblicense, richer pdf embedding info...

> (5) FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Check all that you like or just write in
> something ...
>      [ ] Sugar Shack
>      [ ] Pizza
>      [ ] Cheetos
>      [ ] Pho
>      [ ] Plaa chu-chi
>      [ ] Kendall Jackson 2004 Taylor Peak Estate Merlot
>      [ ] Gordon Biersch
>      [ ] Unibroue

No real preference: I remember there were quite a few places to eat just
a few blocks away from the campus premises (and there's the cafeteria in
the school itself).

BTW, some pictures and rough notes from the last TextLayout
Meeting in Wrocław, along with the presentations related to fonts are
available on: http://oflb.open-fonts.org/TextLayoutMeeting08/
(Until Ed puts them on unifont.org with the material from the previous
meetings).

> Best to everyone -- Ed

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font team / OpenFontLibrary