[HarfBuzz] harfbuzz-ng: Branch 'master' - 2 commits

Neil Mayhew neil_mayhew at sil.org
Fri Nov 20 15:58:47 PST 2009

A couple of comments:

On 09-11-20 1:35 PM Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> (Error: A union member cannot have a user-defined assignment operator)
None of the changes here directly affect any unions, only structs, so
maybe the assignment operator could have been kept? If a struct contains
a union, then you can't use the compiler-generated assignment operator,
but you can still define your own and use something other than = to copy
the union variable from the other object to this.

However, maybe SANITIZE_OBJ needs to work across a range of types that
includes unions, and so you need to add a method everywhere to allow
uniform treatment. Even so, I didn't see any set methods being added to
unions in this commit.

> So we use a set() method instead of the assignment operator.
FYI, the naming convention adopted in the C++ standard library is
"assign", eg in std::string, so it might be a good idea to follow that.

--Neil