[HarfBuzz] are there any recent changes in harfbuzz?

Rahul Bhalerao b.rahul.pm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 04:33:13 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM, pravin.d.s at gmail.com
<pravin.d.s at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 20 August 2010 10:56, arjuna rao chavala <arjunaraoc at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you go through archives, it will become clear that Harfbuzz is in
>> active development towards unifying the rendering  on free software
>> platform.
>>

> Yeah, i understood that while working on this problem
>
> lohit oriya has some gsub defined in abvs feature tag, but they should be
> in pres as per ot specs

It is bit late to respond, yet I would like to clarify. Long back we, along
with Oriya localization team, came to conclusion that OT specs for Oriya are
not correct. Hence changes were made to both the fonts and pango. Now lohit,
utkal, samyak are some of the free fonts that follow the corrected pango. If
they are working well on windows now, it only means that windows has also
corrected its OT rendering. Please take reference to the abvs related
changes to pango oriya tables for clarification.

> but its really confusing, is active development is happening on harfbuzz or
> harfbuzz-ng?
>
> since qt uses harfbuzz not harfbuzz-ng
>
> if on both then whats are exactly plan?
>

> Thanks,