[HarfBuzz] harfbuzz: Branch 'master' - 5 commits

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Tue Jun 15 06:51:28 PDT 2010

Hi Behdad,

On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 ext Behdad Esfahbod, wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Have you started looking at harfbuzz-ng?  Pretty much all your
> optimizations are irrelevant in the ng world since font tables are
> mmap()ed and used directly.

We haven't looked at that yet. It just appeared like low-hanging fruit that
Andreas spotted while we're looking for quick wins to reduce the memory usage.
We're applying this to a frozen code base, so we'd like to minimize the
changes at this point.

We definitely need to take a closer look at -ng in the next round.

Simon