[HarfBuzz] Question about HarfBuzz-ng CTL Shaper Status

Ed ed.trager at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:43:21 PDT 2010

Thanks for the very useful information, Jonathan!

What I am seeing so far (for Tai Tham) is that I can get GSUB "ccmp"
with "dflt" ligature substitutions to work on both FF-3.6x,
FF-4x-linux, and FF-4x-osx.  But GPOS "mark" with "dflt" mark-to-base
don't work on any of these.

The only way I can get diacritical marks to position somewhat
correctly is by using negative left bearings - which I would prefer to
not do.  But obviously I may have to use negative left bearings if
that is the only way that actually works ...

Overall all I can say is: yuck! :-(

I think what I would like to do, ideally, is create a "pure" version
of the font that uses only proper OpenType features.  Then after that,
I could add certain "corruptions" like negative left bearings.  But as
it currently stands, I don't even know what to use to test the "pure"
version of such a font ...

Any suggestions?