[HarfBuzz] graphite 1.0.1 released

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 00:54:58 PDT 2011

On 08/08/2011 08:02 AM, Martin Hosken wrote:
> By integrating Graphite under the HB shaper API, applications only
> need concern themselves with the one API to get good shaping from
> Graphite fonts as well as OpenType fonts.

Hello and thanks for this reply. It's nice to see that OSS projects,
especially those related to text rendering, are cooperating at this
close a level with one another.

Two questions:

1) If a font has both OT and Graphite tables, which would be chosen?

2) Is there any overhead to using Graphite via HB rather than OT caused
by the additional external (?) library of Graphite compared to the OT
code being *within* the Graphite code corpus itself?

My thanks also to those others who kindly answered.

--
Shriramana Sharma