[HarfBuzz] Fwd: Where to report a bug with Tamil text rendering in LibreOffice?

Martin Hosken mhosken at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 02:16:46 PDT 2011

Dear Shriramana,

> hb-view only produces images. The problem is with the cursor placement.
> Unless I configure a tiny text box to use hb-ng for CTL, I can't test
> whether the problem exists in hb-ng myself. Can you please tell me how
> to do that? Or is cursor placement entirely out of the purview of HB, as
> I asked before?

there is a contrib/python hbtestfont that prints out cluster information as well as positions. I tried it for you with:

./runpy scripts/hbtestfont -f "Lohit Tamil" -c taml 0BA4 0BA4 0BCD 0BA4
Processing: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-indic-fonts-core/lohit_ta.ttf
[72>0@(0.00,0.00)+(20.00,0.00), 227>3@(0.00,0.00)+(20.00,0.00), 72>9@(0.00,0.00)+(20.00,0.00)]

This means that there were 3 clusters in the sequence, which is what you want. So it seems that hbng is doing what you want. Remember, hbng doesn't do anything with cursors, but it does do clustering.

Yours,
Martin