[HarfBuzz] Compiling harfbuzz-ng under Mac OS 10.6

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Sat Jan 8 13:29:14 PST 2011

Thanks for the help. I've upgraded automake (1.11), autoconf (2.65), and
gnu libtool (2.2.8) (which I presume renaming to glibtool/glibtoolize is
correct on OS X...) and I still get the same errors. I verified that
they are found from the shell, and autogen reports the proper versions
now installed.

I presume also from the configure error that I will need to install
glib. Is this a requirement of harfbuzz? I may have to hand create a
makefile and write my own wedges to support the platforms I intend to
use this on...

but first, to see if harfbuzz will even work for me. Any other
suggestions for OS X? Thanks for the configure file, but since my
installed versions don't match exactly, it won't execute.

Deron