[HarfBuzz] Compiling harfbuzz-ng under Mac OS 10.6

Evan Martin evan at chromium.org
Mon Jan 10 14:11:01 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Deron Kazmaier <deron at pagestream.org> wrote:
> I understand that. Just wondering what "advanced" features will be missing
> during my exploring, and how critical it will be for my purposes (I realize
> you can't answer the second). I understate that if required, I'll create my
> own functions.
>
> Do you think anyone would be interested in such a fall back? I can do it
> within my own framework, or make something more standalone, but don't see
> the need for the later if no one else would be interested.

The "old" harfbuzz has a "contrib" directory containing
implementations of some Unicode functions used by the Chromium browser
on Linux.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/harfbuzz.old/tree/contrib

With more insight into how everything fits together, I think this was
a mistake; we actually have ICU available and didn't need to duplicate
the data tables.  (And it has pieces like a "reverse" script run
iterator which is the wrong way of doing things.)