[HarfBuzz] Quick show of hands needed

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 20:34:21 PDT 2011

On Thursday 21 July 2011 08:51 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> I'm wondering: should harfbuzz try compatibility composition/decomposition
> (NFKC/NFKD) if a font doesn't support a character?
>
> It's easy to do so, but I'm sure how desirable that is.

1) In pango we have faced problem of backspace due to decomposition.
i.e. U+0958  was getting decomposed into U+0915 and U+093C, so for
entered character was required 2 backspaces to delete.

2) CCMP feature of OT fonts also provide this options to font developer.
(i have used this lot in Arabic fonts since U+0600 charts contains )

Regards,
Pravin S