[HarfBuzz] hb-view

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Mar 1 20:20:01 PST 2011

Hi Sebastien,

On 02/23/11 12:57, Sebastien Metrot wrote:
> Hello Behdad,
>
> If you plan to add a dependency to glib, do you think there is a way to make that optional? I already use an alternative implementation of the bidi algorithm (UCPGA, "Pretty Good Bidi Algorithm", from the UCData lib) and I'd rather not have to deal with glib as it is notoriously hard to build on non unix platforms. I confess, however, that I have no idea how it compares to fribidi.

Right.  That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.  But, if I don't use
glib (and FriBidi if we decide that we want full bidi in hb-view), then your
build on non-unix will be only partially functional unless you have hb-view
yourself to add your own UCData and bidi.

I'll try to keep the glib use to the minimum.

behdad